Title in This Set:
1. The Mysterious Affair at Styles
2. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
3. Cat Among the Pigeons
4. After the Funeral
5. DEATH IN THE CLOUDS
6. Murder on the Orient Express
7. Death on the Nile
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
‘Beware! Peril to the detective who says: “It is so small – it does not matter…” Everything matters.’
After the Great War, life can never be the same again. Wounds need healing, and the horror of violent death banished into memory.
Captain Arthur Hastings is invited to the rolling country estate of Styles to recuperate from injuries sustained at the Front. It is the last place he expects to encounter murder. Fortunately he knows a former detective, a Belgian refugee, who has grown bored of retirement …
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Roger Ackroyd knew too much. He knew that the woman he loved had poisoned her brutal first husband. He suspected also that someone had been blackmailing her. Now, tragically, came the news that she had taken her own life with a drug overdose.
But the evening post brought Roger one last fatal scrap of information. Unfortunately, before he could finish the letter, he was stabbed to death…
Cat Among the Pigeons
Late one night, two teachers investigate a mysterious flashing light in the sports pavilion, while the rest of the school sleeps. There, among the lacrosse sticks, they stumble upon the body of the unpopular games mistress – shot through the heart from point blank range.
The school is thrown into chaos when the ‘cat’ strikes again. Unfortunately, schoolgirl Julia Upjohn knows too much. In particular, she knows that without Hercule Poirot’s help, she will be the next victim…
After the Funeral
‘It’s been hushed up very nicely, hasn’t it? But he was murdered, wasn’t he?’
There are certain things that are best left unsaid. Though tragedy had touched the life of the wealthy Richard Abernethie, his sudden death seemed pretty unremarkable for a man of his age. So why would his sister wait until his funeral to say he had been murdered?
When she is savagely killed with a hatchet the next day, her extraordinary remark suddenly takes on a chilling significance. In desperation, the family solicitor turns to Hercule Poirot to unravel the mystery…
DEATH IN THE CLOUDS
From seat No.9, Hercule Poirot was ideally placed to observe his fellow air passengers. Over to his right sat a pretty young woman, clearly infatuated with the man opposite; ahead, in seat No.13, sat a Countess with a poorly-concealed cocaine habit; across the gangway in seat No.8, a detective writer was being troubled by an aggressive wasp.
What Poirot did not yet realize was that behind him, in seat No.2, sat the slumped, lifeless body of a woman.
Murder on the Orient Express
Just after midnight, a snowdrift stops the Orient Express in its tracks. The luxurious train is surprisingly full for the time of the year, but by the morning it is one passenger fewer. An American tycoon lies dead in his compartment, stabbed a dozen times, his door locked from the inside.
Isolated and with a killer in their midst, detective Hercule Poirot must identify the murderer – in case he or she decides to strike again.
Death on the Nile
The tranquillity of a cruise along the Nile is shattered by the discovery that Linnet Ridgeway has been shot through the head. She was young, stylish and beautiful, a girl who had everything – until she lost her life.
Hercule Poirot recalls an earlier outburst by a fellow passenger: ‘I’d like to put my dear little pistol against her head and just press the trigger.’ Yet in this exotic setting nothing is ever quite what it seems…
We process our orders within 24 hours. The orders go into our warehouse to be picked, packed and where appropriate consolidated into one parcel.
Our delivery times from dispatch are as follows:
Orders Under $40
$4.99 - Standard Delivery (5 – 7 working days)
Orders over $40
Free - Standard Delivery (5 – 7 working days)
These delivery times are the maximum delivery periods that a purchase can take to reach our customers. Delivery may be sooner than this. Please note that where applicable, customs point clearance may affect the delivery of an order and cause a delay. This is a factor that is not in our control.
By purchasing an item, a buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, understood and accepted our refund & returns policy
Here at JustKidsBooks, we strive to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied with their orders and with the service that we provide. Our success and objectives, as an online retail company depends on it after all. But on rare occasions, not all goes according to expectations. Where there are issues, you can be rest assured that we shall strive to resolve them to your satisfaction as part of our effort to increase our reputation and quality of service.
- The item is not as described: The buyer must contact us within 14 working days of receiving the purchase. JustKidsBooks Limited contact details can be located on our "CONTACT” page. JustKidsBooks shall then arrange to locate a replacement to dispatch to the buyer. Delivery times to send the replacement can be found on our delivery time’s section. If a replacement is not available, then the buyer shall be notified that a replacement item is not available and a refund shall be issued once the item is returned. The buyer shall be instructed on how to return the item without paying postage or refunding the return postage cost only after getting the confirmation from the customer service team for the return postage cost value.
- The buyer wants to return the item for a refund and the item is as described: If the order is fulfilled correctly and the item is as described, then the buyer is required to return the item to the postal address that is noted in our "CONTACT” page for a refund to be issued. JustKidsBooks will not pay any of the postage cost that the buyer incurs to return the item and any postage cost that was paid originally.
If you have any further questions about our refunds and returns policy please feel free to contact us. Details on how to contact us can be located on the contact us page.